Major job duties
- Provide reception services to admissions guests, drop-ins, faculty, and staff.
- Maintain multiple admission counselor Outlook calendars, scheduling appointments and checking-in prospective students.
- Explain admission process to prospective students and redirect to counselors and other university offices as appropriate.
- Access online eTranscripts, copying, scanning, sorting and electronically imaging and filing documents to student record.
- Conduct enrollment verification checks on prospective student applicants
- Data entry in student record database for prospects.
- Maintain marketing/publication major racks for graduate admissions, update inventory, and fact sheets, as needed.
- Complete daily mailing to prospective students.
- Various projects as assigned in support of the department.
- Assist with special events such as Open House, Preview Days and Information Sessions.
- Occasional evening or weekend required dependent upon Outreach event schedule.
Worksite: Founders Hall, 700 East Seventh Street (St. Paul Campus).
Qualifications and experience
- Excellent customer service skills sufficient to actively listen and understand customer needs and provide accurate admission program information and status checks.
- Strong work ethic with proven ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with deadlines and changing priorities.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate typing and computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft software programs such as (Excel and Word).
- Detail-oriented, flexible and dependable.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will follow up to schedule an interview.