Administrative Affairs Procedure #403
Section 1. Procedure
This procedure is established to define building security measures related to issuing keys to staff.
Section 2. Authority
This procedure is issued pursuant to the operating authority granted to the university's President by the Board of Trustees of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.
Section 3. Effective Date
This procedure shall become effective upon signature of the Vice President of Administration and Finance and remain in effect until modified or expressly revoked.
Section 4. Responsibility
The responsibility for implementation of this procedure is assigned to the Vice President of Administration and Finance.
Section 5. Objective
To provide security for staff and their personal property.
Section 6. Implementation
1. Employees may acquire a key by completing a Key Request form, (form # SL-10510-01 1/00) available from the Building Services office or in the mailroom of both the St. Paul and Minneapolis campuses.
2. After completing the form and procuring the required approval(s), the form should be submitted to the Building Services Office.
3. The request will be reviewed and processed as appropriate. All exterior door keys require approval by the Vice President for Administration and Finance
4. When the key has been made and recorded, the requestor will be notified that it is available for pickup from the Building Services Office.
5. Each individual must pickup and sign a receipt for his or her own key(s). Co-signing will not be allowed.
6. When a key is no longer required, it must be returned to the Building Services Office. The original key receipt will be returned and other documentation will be completed as appropriate.
7. An assessment of $15 will apply for each lost or non-returned key.
8. Key holder status will be processed through personnel upon termination of employment.
9. The final payroll check will be withheld until the keys are returned or reimbursement is received for lost or non-returned keys.
Section 7. Review
This procedure will be subject to review on an annual basis.
Section 8. Approval
Issued on this 12th day of September, 2000
Cathleen Brannen, Vice President of Administration and Finance