As we prepare for the May 1 arrival of our new Chief Advancement Officer, Rita Dibble, this is a fitting opportunity to highlight the work that has been accomplished by the University Advancement team, setting the stage for Rita to continue the growth in this area of the University’s efforts.
As you will recall, one of our highlights was the partnership between the Office of the President, University Advancement, Foundation Board members, and donors Diana and Bob Carter to secure the University’s largest gift to date, in the amount of $2 million, in support of our natural sciences students. We are very thankful for the Carters’ generosity.
Other Advancement division highlights include:
- Celebration of the ten-year funding partnership with Travelers to diversify their workforce and support our students interested in the insurance and risk management industry;
- Awarding more than $676,000 in student scholarship support from FY15–FY17;
- Establishment of a recruitment scholarship program of more than $50,000, to support student access and enrollment growth;
- Significant increases in alumni giving, including a 200 percent increase in new alumni donors and a 36 percent rise in increased gifts;
- Implementation of comprehensive endowment and financial reporting to donors and the Foundation Board;
- More streamlined management of fundraising resources through the development of a prospect research and management system;
- Success in securing new funding partnerships for University programs; and,
- Significantly increasing funds raised on an annual basis in the midst of changes in the leadership of the University, the Advancement division, and the Foundation and Alumni Boards.
Additionally, I am pleased to call your attention to the Foundation’s 2016 Impact Report, which showcases stories of generous donors and deserving students who benefitted from our loyal supporters. I am deeply appreciative of the commitment and skill of the Advancement team that have made possible these and many other milestones for the greater good.
And thanks to each of you, our dedicated faculty and staff, for your role in supporting the work of the University Advancement Division and the Foundation. I look forward to our continuing work and further accomplishments.
President Virginia "Ginny" Arthur, JD
Metropolitan State University