This course introduces students to an array of career paths taken by criminal justice students throughout the public, private, and non-profits sectors. The course broadens students' understanding of the direct and indirect criminal justice professional opportunities through presentations by professionals in the field and research of possible career choices. This course also focuses on the selection process, including resume development and job interviewing.
- Demonstrate the ability to search and evaluate different occupations in the criminal justice field.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills.
- Develop a professional resume.
- Prepare effective responses to job interviewing questions.
- Understand the roles and functions various criminal justice professionals play in the criminal justice system.