This project-driven course helps students integrate and apply cybersecurity knowledge, skills, and abilities into a comprehensive experience that demonstrate their summative expression of what students have learned in the BS Cybersecurity program. Students are expected to demonstrate their mastery through independently selecting and researching a project concept, its analysis and implementation, and presentation of a final report.
4 Undergraduate credits
Effective August 15, 2022 to present
- Integrate and apply cybersecurity knowledge and skills along with industry best practices to implement and perform various security operations to defend an enterprise against cyber adversaries.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders using strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate effectively within a highly pressured team environment.
- Identify, analyze, and synthesize scholarly and professional literature on cybersecurity and be able to articulate research work in a well-written and orally presented project.
- Understand various legal and compliance aspects of cybersecurity.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and sound judgment on ethical issues and dilemmas as they arise in cybersecurity and operations and will adhere to accepted norms of professional responsibility.