Course focus is on the completion of all Minnesota Board of Dentistry (MN BOD) Restorative Functions (RF) clinical requirements in contract with a MN DDS as arranged by the student. DENH 440 must be taken the semester immediately following DENH 420 for MN BOD RF certification.
- Demonstrate clinical competency in the placement, contouring, and occlusal adjusting of the following restorative materials: Amalgam restorations, Glass ionomer restorations, Composite resin restorations: Class I and Class V supragingival restorations where the margins of the restoration are entirely within enamel, Stainless steel crown adaptation and cementation.
- Incorporate evidence-based research, relevant law, and ethics when managing client care and information.
- Integrate evidence-based research to improve the quality of restorative expanded functions care.
- Maintain accountability for quality of health care and patient safety.
- Maintain accurate record keeping as it relates to restorative expanded functions services.
- Participate in self-assessment to improve the effectiveness of care..
- Provide primary restorative oral health care that promotes and maintains oral health and is in accordance with Minnesota Statute Section 150A.10, subdivision 4.
- Provide patient care in the placement, contouring, and adjusting of restorations in the primary and permanent dentition in accordance with Minnesota Statute Section 150A.10, subdivision 4.
- Assume ethical and legal responsibility for clinical decision making and the quality of oral healthcare services provided.