EDU 456 Elementary ESL Practicum
This practicum is designed to give students in this course the opportunity to document and reflect upon at least 25 hours of field experience working with ELL students in an urban K and/or elementary school. Students in this course will have the opportunity to thoughtfully apply knowledge, theories and skills in learned in coursework.
1 Undergraduate credit
Effective May 9, 2011 to present
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, implement and assess instruction and learning.
- Design well-developed lesson plans.
- Positively affect the learning and achievement of urban K and/or elementary ELL students.
- Document at least 25 hours of active involvement with urban K and/or elementary ELL students.
- Maintain a reflective journal about all practicum experiences.
- Develop an electronic portfolio throughout the practicum experience.
- Demonstrate professional work habits as an ESL teacher; and Articulate professional development based on experiences through a final reflection paper.
|02||Elementary ESL Practicum||Tanghe, Shannon||Books||Course details|