This practicum is designed to give students in this course the opportunity to document and reflect upon at least 25 hours of field experience working with ELL students in an urban middle school. Students in this course will have the opportunity to thoughtfully apply knowledge, theories and skills in learned in coursework.
- Articulate professional development based on experiences through a final reflection paper.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, implement and assess instruction and learning.
- Design well-developed lesson plans.
- Develop an electronic portfolio throughout the practicum experience.
- Document at least 25 hours of active involvement with urban middle school ELL students.
- Maintain a reflective journal about all practicum experiences.
- Positively affect the learning and achievement of urban middle school ELL students.
- Demonstrate professional work habits as an ESL teacher.