This course is designed to update students on the recent literacy research. Students are required to examine theories and research in literacy instruction. Issue such as literacy practices in urban setting will be explored.
- Understand and critically analyze current research in literacy instruction
- Relate issues and concepts to practical classroom context
- Address new ideas with an open and critical mind
- Have intelligent discussions and ideas about current research in literacy instruction
- Design curriculum based on students interests, reading abilities, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, articulate the research that grounds their practice