This lab course covers how and when to use the four common components of an integrated software package: word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software. It requires no previous knowledge of computing. Students who want an overview of computer hardware and software concepts should consider taking ICS 100 Computer Literacy in addition to this course. This course cannot be applied to the computer information systems or computer science majors.
- Create and edit word processing documents.
- Use spreadsheets to develop worksheets that include computations to represent real-life problems.
- Create an animated presentation.
- Create and manage data using database software.
- Apply sophisticated features of word processing and presentation applications, such as formatting, creating bullet lists, creating columns, making and tracking changes, adding images, text boxes, creating tables, creating headers and footers.
- Transfer data between office applications.