This course covers the following topics: how the Internet works (at a beginning level), social implications of the Internet, and the practical aspects of electronic mail, list services, discussion boards, file transfer, information browsing and searching, and the first generation of web design and implementation. This is a lab-based course.
- Access information resources, use search tools, and gather and utilize information.
- Navigate electronic mail list services, discussion boards, and virtual communities.
- Gain access to computer services via Internet protocols.
- Create a web page.
- Upload and download files.
- Send and receive e-mail messages.