This course uses a project-based approach to learning the concepts and techniques of rapid application development using the Visual Basic language. Students prototype user-friendly forms, set properties and write code. Applications to access and update information in a database are implemented. This is a programming course.
Note: Students are responsible to both be aware of and abide by prerequisites for ICS courses for which they enroll, and will be administratively dropped from a course if they have not met prerequisites.First day attendance is mandatory.
3 Undergraduate credits
Effective June 12, 1999 to August 15, 2022
- Create user-friendly forms, set properties.
- Employ standard Visual Basic coding conventions, proper programming style, and appropriate documentation conventions.
- Recognize opportunities for using event-driven programs.
- Write effective code using decisions and loops to process data entered through forms.
- Create ActiveX controls.
- Implement code to access and update information in a database.
- Program using some of the more advanced controls.