This course uses a project-based approach to learning the concepts and techniques of rapid application development using the Visual Basic language. Students prototype user-friendly forms, set properties and write code. Applications to access and update information in a database are implemented. This is a programming course.
- Create user-friendly forms, set properties.
- Employ standard Visual Basic coding conventions, proper programming style, and appropriate documentation conventions.
- Recognize opportunities for using event-driven programs.
- Write effective code using decisions and loops to process data entered through forms.
- Create ActiveX controls.
- Implement code to access and update information in a database.
- Program using some of the more advanced controls.