This course is a study of scaling client/server applications enterprise-wide. The course examines why ordinary client/server tools do not scale enterprise wide, and examines the extensions necessary in DB linkage, OS extensions, and networking connections necessary for scaling. The MVC II (Model-View-Controller) design pattern and other useful design patterns will be used to explain typical architectural approaches.
- Allocate parts of an application to the correct part of enterprise web application framework.
- Develop enterprise web applications using the Model View Controller pattern using an enterprise web application framework.
- Design an enterprise application for scalability and performance.
- Implement security features into an enterprise web application.
- Use the enterprise web application framework and evaluate competing enterprise web application frameworks.