LAWE 104 Emergency Medical Responder Law Enforcement
This course meets the Minnesota POST Board first-aid requirement for law enforcement officers. The course emphasizes development of skills in patient assessment and emergency medical procedures for personnel likely to respond to traffic accidents and other medical emergencies. Successful completion results in Minnesota EMS Regulatory Board Emergency Medical Responder Registration.
3 Undergraduate credits
Effective December 15, 2012 to May 2, 2023
- Understand major issues facing the First Responder.
- Understand emergency care necessary for various medical situations.
- Understand with the role of the First Responder in the community.
- Apply both theory and factually based research concerning pre-hospital medical and trauma issues facing the First Responder.
- Identify various ethical issues confronting the Law Enforcement Officer.