This course meets corresponding learning objectives of the Minnesota Board of Peace Officer Standards and Training. Examines the legal and procedural aspects of the investigative process in these topic areas: report writing, statutory elements, crime scene control, evidentiary rules, search and seizure, interviewing and interrogation, and constitutional limitations.
- Explain the legal and procedural aspects of the investigative process.
- Explain roles and responsibilities with law enforcement investigations.
- Describe legal, procedural, ethical considerations in interrogations and interviews.
- Demonstrate organization and clarity in all associated investigative documents.
- Define key elements for effective interaction with the judicial system.
- Explain criminal and procedural rules of evidence.