This course meets corresponding learning objectives of the Minnesota Board of Peace Officer Standards and Training as they relate to the skills practicum. It includes instruction in areas related to crimes in progress.
1 Undergraduate credit
Effective May 3, 2017 to present
- Demonstrate the proper and safest methods to approach and apprehend high risk suspects.
- Assess dangers responding to crimes in progress
- Identify tactics appropriate to the en-route phase of a crime response
- Demonstrate tactics appropriate to approach and search a building
- Practice procedures for confronting suspects and placing him/her under control or arrest
- Assess proper procedures for handling barricade suspects and hostage situations
- Employ proper tactics in dealing with suspects possessing weapons
- Demonstrate knowledge of the 4th Amendment search and search techniques.