This course examines the patrol function in police agencies. It focuses on research regarding techniques for effective patrol. In addition, the course analyzes the myths and realities associated with patrol operations.
3 Undergraduate credits
Effective August 1, 1998 to present
- Analyze the myths and reality of patrol operations.
- Demonstrate patrol strategies in responding to crime and trends.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills.
- Examine the patrol functions within law enforcement.
- Identify and explain current and past research associated with the patrol function.