This course reviews best practices to address issues facing the police in the 21st Century with an emphasis on diversity and community oriented policing. This course also serves to fulfill some of the state of Minnesota's learning objectives to be a police officer in Minnesota.
3 Undergraduate credits
Effective December 15, 2011 to present
- Examine the patrol functions within law enforcement.
- Identify and explain current and past research associated with the patrol function.
- Understand police authority and societal roles.
- Understand the functions of community policing and problem oriented policing.
- Apply the basic principles of the SARA model.