This course is intended to develop the student's skills and knowledge in the field of crime analysis. Students will become familiar with the variety of tasks and issues encountered within the public and private sectors by a crime analyst. Students will also participate in group activities to build knowledge and skills associated with the different functions of a crime analyst.
4 Undergraduate credits
Effective December 18, 2018 to present
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills, critical thinking skills and problem solving skills.
- Evaluate how technological advances have affected crime and the job of a crime analyst.
- Explain and evaluate the resources utilized by a crime analyst.
- Identify and explain the general roles and responsibilities of a crime analyst.
- Understand and explain the importance of crime analysis in any type of criminal justice agency.