This course will explore the complex interactions between police culture and issues relating to integrity and ethics for the police. It will examine the underlying values of the police culture and how those affect police behavior. Loyalty, racism, and use of force issues will be examined.
Prerequisite: Upper Division status or instructors consent.
- Analyze the relationship between values espoused by the police culture and police corruption.
- Apply the principles of integrity to issues relating to diversity within law enforcement agencies and communities.
- Demonstrate written communication skills.
- Describe the role culture in police agencies and how it affects police behavior.
- Evaluate the impact of loyalty in the police culture and how it relates to racism, use of force and community interaction.