The course explores contemporary leadership, motivation, teambuilding, change, and working with difficult people, along with the roles and responsibilities of the first line supervisor within a law enforcement agency.Prerequisite: Upper division status or instructor's consent.
4 Undergraduate credits
Effective August 14, 2011 to present
- Analyze supervision and/or leadership strategies regarding working with direct reports.
- Appraise the communication process of verbal, non-verbal, and voice intonation on conflict resolution within an organization.
- Critically analyze the team work process in achieving organizational goals.
- Demonstrate how motivational theory associated with coaching and mentoring applies to employee performance.
- Demonstrate written communication skills.
- Understand the major conflict s associated to change within an organization.