MATH 200 Support Topics for Calculus I will provide just-in-time support in essential algebra and trigonometry skills needed for success in Calculus I. The course is intended for students concurrently enrolled in Calculus I. Topics covered will include the graphing and manipulation of rational, polynomial, piece-wise defined, exponential, logarithmic, trigonometric, and inverse trigonometric functions.
- Graph functions and their transformations
- Identify domain, range, intervals where a function is increasing and decreasing, and asymptotes of functions
- Solve polynomial and rational equations and inequalities
- Simplify algebraic expressions, with an emphasis on rational expressions and difference quotients
- Perform the composition of functions and take a composite function and break it up into its components.
- Apply geometric models to solve problems