This course is designed to provide information and experience integrating media into training and education with an emphasis on instructional design, online communities, and online collaboration. Students learn concepts and techniques to enable them to analyze various online learners and learning situations and to choose appropriate approaches.
- Students will explore e-learning at an advanced level including the history and basic models of instructional design and their implications for designing e-learning.
- Students will learn principles of learning theory and their importance in designing e-learning.
- Students will learn principles of multimedia production and their relevance for designing e-learning.
- Students will understand usability and usability testing and recognize their importance and usefulness in any design process.
- Students can apply their learning to software and tools selection.
- Students can apply their learning by creating e-modules for an e-learning situation that demonstrate understanding of instructional design principles, learning theory, multimedia learning, and usability testing.