This course examines the theoretical foundation for the practice of professional nursing with emphasis on the values and theoretical perspectives that support practice. A holistic framework is introduced with emphasis on the application of Modeling and Role-Modeling theory. The concepts of nurturing, facilitating, healing, and transformational self-care are emphasized.
- Articulate insights gained through participation in self-care/self-healing activities.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills in applying Modeling and Role-Modeling theory to the clinical decision-making process, including aggregation and interpretation of data, pattern analysis, and implementation of the aims of intervention.
- Examine theoretical models used in nursing as they relate to the concepts of the metaparadigm.
- Explore the use of therapeutic communication, relaxation, imagery, energy-based interventions, and promotion of spiritual well-being in providing holistic nursing care.
- Identify critical values of professional nursing.
- Plan care based on the client's model of the world.