This course focuses on individual development necessary to prepare nurses to act as leaders and advocates in a variety of health care environments. Students will analyze and apply the roles of the baccalaureate prepared generalist nurse within systems utilizing a holistic, theoretical, and evidence based perspective.
- Articulate an individualized professional development plan utilizing the framework of self-care, reflective practice, and lifelong learning
- Integrate components of leadership, system, and related nursing theories into professional nursing practice
- Discuss effective principles of communication, teamwork, and collaboration to promote optimal group and/or client outcomes
- Apply concepts of quality and safety within a health care context
- Describe basic principles of fiscal and human resource management
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of healthcare policy, finance, and regulatory environments
- Critique current issues related to professional nursing practice and global health