People make financial decisions daily and, with increasing frequency, decisions affecting their long-term financial well-being. This course provides an introduction to the world of personal investing and finance including the formulation of intelligent and practical investment and personal financial plans.
- Be able to explain how to recognize financial predators.
- Be able to explain the major components of a personal estate and the resources needed to protect it.
- Be able to explain what to consider for conserving wealth and minimizing taxes.
- Be able to formulate and execute a personal financial plan to protect your family, your assets, and your financial future.
- Be able to identify and explain some of the psychological aspects of poverty and wealth.
- Be able to identify to whom to go for financial advice and assistance.
- Have a basic competency in computing the time value of money.
- Understand and be able to explain the difference between cash and money.