This class begins with students self-assessing their digital skills in several areas, including design for print and digital documents; web tools; visual tools; and project management tools. Students work with the instructor to create a learning contract with the goal of acquiring tools in a certain number of these areas. In order to acquire knowledge of these tools, students complete online tutorials. Only offered S/N.
- To develop a plan to learn software packages, technology skills, and writing skills in (a) targeted career pathway/s to a professional level.
- To learn the leading software packages, technology skills, and writing skills essential for success in different career pathways within technical communication and professional writing.
- To demonstrate basic writing, technology, and software skills essential across technical communication and professional writing occupations.
- To conduct an audience analysis for written and visual products to be developed.
- To determine how to develop/adapt a product that is effective for the audiences for which it is intended.