Content strategy encompasses the creation, management, testing, and governance of content, whether that be a website, printed document, social media, or other forms of information. In this class students will gain a comprehensive understanding of content for contemporary information-intensive organizations as well as hands-on skills to create effective, user-friendly, and culturally sensitive content.
Prerequisites: Completion of Goal I.
- Know the role of content for the Web, digital, and other forms of media.
- Analyze the rhetorical, technological, and human context of content.
- Discover user goals and organizational objectives for content.
- Identify main principles and best practices in creating and managing content.
- Utilize the content strategy development processes and tools.
- Develop a content strategy encompassing content and its governance.
- Create effective content that meets user goals and organizational objectives.
- Analyze and investigate the effectiveness of content for user experience.