This course offers a rhetorically-based, process-oriented approach to strategic, effective writing of proposals and grants for individuals and organizations. The course is designed primarily for writers, artists and technical communicators who expect to find themselves, as freelancers or as employees, seeking funding for a variety of programs and projects in academic, nonprofit or corporate situations. This course provides a systematic process for analyzing audiences, writing needs statements and finding sponsors all within an electronic context.
- Become skilled at close reading of a variety of texts.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of and ability to apply a grant seeking process: identify a problem or opportunity; generate an idea to solve the problem or address the opportunity; possibly match the idea with an organization; find funding sources; design, write, revise and submit a proposal.
- Demonstrate advanced writing skills.
- Learn how to think critically and strategically at an advanced level.
- Write, revise, and edit for a specific audience, purpose, and situation at an advanced level.