Writing and Technical Communication Capstone
This class provides a bridge between academic study and professional careers in writing or technical communication. Students assess and reflect on their academic study; research and write a non-fiction essay, produce a capstone project, and complete a writer's portfolio. Projects may focus on a wide range of topics, including writing-related careers.
Prerequisites: At least 24 credits in the Technical Communication and Professional Writing (TCPW) major, or instructor's consent.
- Able to write and edit at an advanced level for an educated audience and for a specific purpose and situation.
- Close reading of a variety of texts, including discussions of advanced theory.
- Create a strategy for communicating potential contributions to a specific audience.
- Demonstrate advanced critical thinking skills and application of theoretical issues of writing.
- Demonstrate advanced project planning and project proposal skills.
- Develop a new resume and professional portfolio of work.