- Ability to manage a web project from start to finish.
- Able to create a multi-faceted website, including multiple pages from the ground up using various authoring tools, including HTML and CSS.
- Achieve advanced user-centered design through the use of personas, usability testing, and other techniques.
- Advanced ability to analyze websites for effective communication in terms of writing, design, and structure and know what works and what doesn't work
- Advanced understanding of internet browser functionality and web servers.
- Effectively communicate in the web discourse community using language and concepts common to the web professional.
- Proficiency in editing existing sites directly from the code as well as doing technical editing on content management systems.
- Understanding of corporate editorial web standards and demonstrated application of standards in class projects.
- Work on a web project independently and collaboratively.