This course presents topics of interest to students in the undergraduate and graduate Technical Communication and Professional Writing programs. Topics vary with each offering of this course. Check the class schedule for details about topics and course prerequisites. This course may be taken any number of times for credit as long as the topic is different.
- Able to write at an advanced level about the topic area and for a specific audience, purpose, and situation.
- Advanced critical thinking skills applied to special topic area (analysis, imagination, synthesis, speculation).
- Advanced understanding of a focused topic area of study.
- Demonstrate advanced research and synthesis skills in topic area.
- Understanding of background and emerging issues of special topic studied.