This course surveys scholarship in the field of technical communication. Research examined includes theoretical works, scholarship drawn from the empirical study of particular sites, and practically-oriented publications (designed to address issues of relevance for practicing professionals). Prerequisite: enrollment in a graduate program.
- Familiarize themselves with the rich academic and professional literature of technical communication
- Practice locating, evaluating, and using technical communication literature
- Challenge the major theoretical underpinnings of the field
- Understand how scholarship impacts practitioners as well as the very real way that practice influences scholarship
- Undertake advanced theoretical research in an effort to expand, explore, or enhance the field of technical communication