This course is designed to explore how technical communication functions in international contexts. The course explores the following areas of study and praxis: cultural theory, acculturation, organizational culture, international rhetorical theories, translation, kinesics, and international design and usability.
- Demonstrate understanding of the fundamentals of cross-cultural communication
- Design effectively for multiple audiences
- Analyze the needs of multinational audiences
- Interpret and react to user needs in an international context
- Apply the concepts of localization and globalization