This course introduces students to designing, conducting, communicating, and evaluating user research. Students learn to form and investigate a research question, examine existing literature, use a wide array of methods, conduct effective user research, make design recommendations, and communicate research findings.
- Articulate the role of user research in communication design.
- Communicate research findings to design team.
- Appraise literature in user research.
- Distinguish different types of research designs.
- Examine the quality of research designs with regard to validity, variables, and data analysis.
- Construct a solid research question with an excellent sense of measurability.
- Choose effective user research methods.
- Conduct a successful user research project.
- Collect and analyze data effectively.
- Make design recommendations based on research findings.