The Design of User Experience minor is a 20-credit program that provides students with knowledge and skills in designing and improving user experience of information products. Through this minor, students acquire analytical thinking and hands-on skills to work in a wide range of industries, particularly in information technology services and digital innovation.
This minor can be an excellent complement to a degree in communication, business, computer science and psychology.
Students completing the minor in Design of User Experience will:
- understand fundamental concepts in design of user experience
- differentiate usability and user experience, testing and design
- utilize design thinking in the discovery of design solutions
- gather, organize, and distill user requirements
- adopt effective methods in exploring, analyzing, and evaluating design solutions
- apply user experience knowledge and skills in major area of study