For questions about applying to the Global Supply Chain Management GCERT program, email firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or call 651-793-1302.
Jul 1 - Fall semester
Nov 15 - Spring semester
Mar 15 - Summer semester
*U.S. Citizens, Permanent Residents
Applications are complete once all requirements are met and fee received. Completed application files will be forwarded to the College of Management Graduate Admission Committee for review, please allow 7-10 business days.
Late applications: applications will continue to be accepted beyond the deadline, however we cannot guarantee admission, though we can defer admission to the next available semester.
Incomplete applications will be moved to the next available semester for up to three terms total, giving applicants who need it, up to one year to complete their application file.
Because this is not a degree-granting program, applications from international students studying on an F-1 student visa will not be accepted.
A complete application file consists of two parts. Begin by completing the online graduate application. All application materials become the property of Metropolitan State University and are not returned.
- Complete the Online Graduate Application—You will use your Minnesota State StarID to complete the application. If you don't have a Minnesota State StarID you will create one at the beginning of the application.
- If you do not have or choose not to provide your Social Security number (SSN) please follow the No SSN instructions to activate your StarID.
- If you encounter difficulty with the online application please email email@example.com
- $20 non-refundable application fee; pay online
- Waived for graduates of Metropolitan State, and for certified veterans & active military.
- Official transcripts
After you have submitted your online application, log in to the Applicant Portal using your Start ID and password to upload application materials, and check on the status of your application. The Applicant Portal will indicate missing application items.
- Current Resume; upload via the Applicant Portal using your StarID.
- One year of professional work experience is required for the program.
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics class with a grade of B or better or completion of MBA Math.
- If you choose to take MBA Math, you must achieve a minimum proficiency score on each of the lessons (see MBA math Frequently Asked Questions page).
- MBA math is self-paced; you can retake any lesson until you reach minimum proficiency at no additional cost.
- The STATS prerequisite will be waived if you take MBA Math and reach minimum proficiency in each of the STATS lessons.
- Email your name and StarID to firstname.lastname@example.org and request the promo code.
- Register for MBA Math
- After you register, while logged in to MBA Math:
- Go to My Account | My Schools.
- If you see a Metropolitan State entry, make sure the Allow School Access box is checked.
- If you don't see Metropolitan State in the My Schools section, click Add School w/ School-Provided RSVP Code, enter the promo code given to you when you registered, click Add Code and make sure the new entry's Allow School Access box is checked.
- Admission Essay; upload via the Applicant Portal using your StarID. Your admission essay will serve as both a goals statement and a writing assessment. The admission essay is extremely important to the application review process. Submit your essay in 600-700 words (about three pages) in 12-point font, double-spaced, clearly written, well-organized, with correct grammar, accurate spelling and punctuation, good sentence structure, and clear sub-headings. Make sure that you carefully address each of the following:
- Pledge of Authorship: Please begin your admissions essay with the following statement: (Your essay will not be accepted if this is not included.) I, (complete name)____________________________________, verify that this admissions essay is my own work, and I am fully aware that discovery otherwise will invalidate my entire application.
- Describe the kinds of responsibilities and positions you have held in your past work and professional experience (volunteer or employed).
- Explain why you are pursuing a Global Supply Chain Management graduate certificate. Please note areas of particular interest and why you are interested.
- Describe how a graduate certificate in Global Supply Chain Management will enhance your career and life plans for the future.