Enrolling in this program
For questions about applying to the Global Supply Chain Management GCERT program, email email@example.com (preferred) or call 651-793-1302.
Jul 1 - Fall semester
Nov 15 - Spring semester
Mar 15 - Summer semester
*U.S. Citizens, Permanent Residents
Applications are complete once all requirements are met and fee received. Completed application files will be forwarded to the College of Management Graduate Admission Committee for review, please allow 7-10 business days.
Late applications: applications will continue to be accepted beyond the deadline, however we cannot guarantee admission, though we can defer admission to the next available semester.
Incomplete applications will be moved to the next available semester for up to three terms total, giving applicants who need it, up to one year to complete their application file.
International Students: Because this is not a degree-granting program, applications from international students studying on an F-1 student visa will not be accepted.
A complete application file consists of two parts. Begin by completing the online graduate application. All application materials become the property of Metropolitan State University and are not returned.
- Complete the Online Graduate Application—You will use your Minnesota State StarID to complete the application. If you don't have a Minnesota State StarID you will create one at the beginning of the application.
- If you do not have or choose not to provide your Social Security number (SSN) please follow the No SSN instructions to activate your StarID.
- If you encounter difficulty with the online application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- $20 non-refundable application fee; pay online
- Waived for graduates of Metropolitan State, and for certified veterans & active military.
- Official transcripts
After you have submitted your online application, log in to the Applicant Portal using your Start ID and password to upload application materials, and check on the status of your application. The Applicant Portal will indicate missing application items.
- Current Resume; upload via the Applicant Portal using your StarID.
- One year of professional work experience is required for the program.
- Math Assessment: If you already possess an earned PhD, DDS, MD, or JD degree from an accredited U.S. institution the requirement may be waived. The MMIS program teamed up with ALEKS.com to create an online math assessment specifically designed for our applicants. MMIS College Algebra Component is self-paced math assessment that will teach you the skills you need to succeed.
- Apply to the program first (see Part One).
- Please register at www.aleks.com with course code: VYLHK-ET3TD.
- Select Purchase an Access Code (cost is $40.00).
- 70% of topics must be mastered in order to successfully complete the assessment.
- You have six weeks to complete the assessment, and the assessment must be complete by the application deadline.
- Admission Essay; upload via the Applicant Portal using your StarID. Your admission essay will serve as both a goals statement and a writing assessment. The admission essay is extremely important to the application review process. Submit your essay in 600-700 words (about three pages) in 12-point font, double-spaced, clearly written, well-organized, with correct grammar, accurate spelling and punctuation, good sentence structure, and clear sub-headings. Make sure that you carefully address each of the following:
- Pledge of Authorship: Please begin your admissions essay with the following statement: (Your essay will not be accepted if this is not included.) I, (complete name)____________________________________, verify that this admissions essay is my own work, and I am fully aware that discovery otherwise will invalidate my entire application.
- Describe the kinds of responsibilities and positions you have held in your past work and professional experience (volunteer or employed).
- Explain why you are pursuing a Global Supply Chain Management graduate certificate. Please note areas of particular interest and why you are interested.
- Describe how a graduate certificate in Global Supply Chain Management will enhance your career and life plans for the future.