The Media Studies major is designed to merge practical application of media technology and production practices with a basis for practice built on critical thinking and awareness of the latest in media theory. As a Media Studies major, you obtain broadly applicable skills and knowledge for a wide variety of communications careers.
Professionals with a degree in Media Studies apply their sophisticated knowledge of media theories, digital production skills, and analytical abilities to plan and create media-based communication solutions for corporations, nonprofits, government agencies, and advocacy campaigns.
- Deliver effective presentations through a variety of media formats.
- Write an effective paper.
- Demonstrate effective critical thinking.
- Know and apply leading media theories.
- Advertising Minor
- Business Administration Minor
- Creative Writing Minor
- Design of User Experience Minor
- English Minor
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Minor
- Environmental Communication Minor
- Gender Studies Minor
- Mental Health Psychology Minor
- Organizational Communication Minor
- Political Science Minor
- Public Relations Minor
- Psychology Minor
- Research and Information Studies Minor
- Screenwriting Minor
- Studio Arts Minor
- Technical Communication Minor
- Theater Minor