Program eligibility requirements
1) Approved admission to Metropolitan State University.
2) Approved admission to Minneapolis School of Anesthesia (MSA). Must complete an application file for MSA by October 31st through NursingCAS. A completed MSA supplementary application with application fee ($100) must also be received the MSA prior to the application deadline. For details see http://www.nurseanesthesia.org/admissions/
3) Graduate from High School (or possess GED).
4) Possess an appropriate baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution. Degrees must be completed and final transcripts submitted through NuringCAS prior to the enrollment date. Appropriate degrees include: a) Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, b) Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing plus another appropriate science-based baccalaureate degree (i.e., chemistry, biology, etc.).
5) A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
6) Prior to the application deadline, complete one year (1 FTE) of nursing experience in a critical care setting within the last three years (operating room, emergency room, post-anesthesia recovery, and ground/flight transportation nursing experience DO NOT fulfill this requirement).
7) Complete a chemistry course from a regionally accredited institution within the past five years from the beginning of the of the semester for which you are applying (Example: For Fall 2020 start date, a chemistry course must be taken Fall semester 2015 or after).
8) Must possess American Heart Association basic cardiac life support (BLS), advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) and pediatric advanced life support (PALS) recognition. Maintain BLS, ACLS, and pALS recognition through graduation (see note below).
9) Complete the interview process.
10) Complete a physical exam. The physical examination and any vaccination titers are to be completed by the applicant's personal health care provider at the applicant's expense. The physical form is provided by MSA and must be completed and returned to MSA along with results of titers.
The Minneapolis School of Anesthesia utilizes NursingCAS for online application processing. The deadline for completing the application process is October 31st of any year. You must complete the current application and follow the NursingCAS process to be considered. The MSA application can be found on the MSA website at http://www.nurseanesthesia.org/admissions/ You can access the NURSING CAS site here: https://www.nursingcas.org/
The final MSA/MSN cohort was admitted Fall 2021. More information on the DNP/Nurse Anesthetist program can be found here: https://www.metrostate.edu/academics/programs/nurse-anesthetist-dnp
The deadline for completing the application process is October 31st of any year. Complete the current application and follow the NursingCAS application process to be considered. The application process for Fall 2020 is closed. Watch this site for application procedures for the DNP Spring 2021 start and the MSN start for Fall 2021.
The Minneapolis School of Anesthesia utilizes NursingCAS for online application processing.
The curriculum for the MSNA program is based upon the requirements of the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs. Clinical experience is provided at the member hospitals, where over 100,000 surgical procedures are performed annually in all specialty areas. Students are supervised and instructed by anesthesiologists and certified registered nurse anesthetists. Each hospital has appointed a clinical coordinator to help manage student clinical experiences. Special experiences include pediatrics and regional anesthesia.
Detailed information on applying to the MSNA program may be found on the Minneapolis School of Anesthesia’s website at: Minneapolis School of Anesthesia before applying, prospective students are encouraged to send questions to the Minneapolis School of Anesthesia at:
Minneapolis School of Anesthesia
6715 Minnetonka Boulevard
St. Louis Park, MN 55426
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com