Current students: Declare this program
Once you’re admitted as an undergraduate student and have met any further admission requirements your chosen program may have, you may declare a major or declare an optional minor.
Future students: Apply now
Apply to Metropolitan State: Start the journey toward your Nursing MANE BSN now. Learn about the steps to enroll or, if you have questions about what Metropolitan State can offer you, request information, visit campus or chat with an admissions counselor.
Get started on your Nursing MANE BSN
Program eligibility requirements
To be eligible for acceptance to the MANE BSN major, students must complete/submit the following:
- General admission to Metropolitan State University, which requires submission of official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended;
- Completion of the four prerequisites (“first semester curriculum” listed on the Courses and Requirements Tab) with a 2.75 minimum GPA (WRIT 131, PSYC 100, MNTC GOAL AREA 3 SCIENCE, MNTC GOAL AREA ELECTIVE);
- ATI TEAS Exam is required—students can find more information about it at TEAS Exam | Metropolitan State University (metrostate.edu);
- Submission of the Metropolitan State University MANE BSN Application by the published application deadline;
- “Second semester classes” (listed on the Courses and Requirements Tab) must be completed prior to program start (BIOL 221, BIOL 225, PSYC 311, COMM 231 or COMM 233);
Admission is limited and competitive; it is advised that all applicants also consider a parallel plan.
Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 in both the first and second semester prerequisite courses listed in the MANE Program course sequence to maintain eligibility for admission. Official transcripts will be used to calculate the GPA, and the most recent grades will be used. Each individual course must have at least a C grade.