Current students: Declare this program
Once you’re admitted as an undergraduate student and have met any further admission requirements your chosen program may have, you may declare a major or declare an optional minor.
Future students: Apply now
Apply to Metropolitan State: Start the journey toward your Nursing RN to BSN Program now. Learn about the steps to enroll or, if you have questions about what Metropolitan State can offer you, request information, visit campus or chat with an admissions counselor.
Get started on your Nursing RN to BSN Program
Program eligibility requirements
To be eligible for acceptance to the RN to BSN major, the following must be completed:
- Admission to Metropolitan State University.
- Evidence of active unencumbered registered nurse licensure in the United States
- An official transcript indicating completion of an associate degree or diploma in nursing from an accredited institution
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 and a grade of at least a C in all previous nursing courses
- The GPA used for admission assessment is the cumulative GPA calculated from all coursework and evaluation of all transcripts
- Students must complete an official degree plan with their academic advisor which will include discussion about placement in a RN-BSN cohort