The Journal of Educational Foundations seeks to enhance scholarship in and among the educational foundations disciplines by providing a vehicle for the publication of articles and essays that feature analysis of the foundations of education, as well as methodologies used in foundations and the applications of such methodology to key issues of the day. Additionally, the journal welcomes significant research which evolves from and unifies the foundations disciplines, all focusing on the interdisciplinary nature of the educational foundations fields. Publication will be determined by juried review. For more information please contact the editor.
The Journal of Educational Foundations seeks articles and essays in four primary areas:
- Exposition on the nature of the educational foundations-essays exploring the foundations, highlighting definition, interrelationships, strengths, difficulties, and other aspects of the combined fields;
- Application of the foundations disciplines to an issue of significance-collections of articles around a specified theme, bringing to bear the nature of the various foundations disciplines on such themes. Information concerning themes for future issues of the journal may be obtained from the editor;
- Methodology-articles exploring methodological issues of the foundations fields, stressing similarities and differences among the disciplines;
- Research-articles describing or reporting on new research in the foundations fields, with emphasis on interdisciplinary aspects of such research.
Indexed in The Education Index
Beginning with the Summer 2001 issue (Volume 15, Number 3), The Journal of Educational Foundations has been selected for inclusion in The Education Index, the primary international index of educational periodicals. This selection confirms that Educational Foundations is now recognized as the key journal in the foundations field.
Nicholas D. Hartlep, Metropolitan State University, Editor
Monte Bute, Metropolitan State University, Associate Editor
T. Jameson Brewer, University of North Georgia, Book Review Editor
Editorial board members
- Arshad Ali, The George Washington University
- Andrew Chin, University of North Carolina School of Law
- Brandon Hensley, Wayne State University
- Brian Xiong, Hmong Archives and East Side Freedom Library
- Christine Sleeter, California State University Monterey Bay
- Kevin Kumashiro, Scholar/Consultant
- LaGarrett King, University of Missouri
- Manuel Barrera, Metropolitan State University
- Monte Bute, Metropolitan State University
- Nadine Haley, Metropolitan State University
- Nicholas Hartlep, Metropolitan State University
- Noreen Rodriguez, Iowa State University
- Peter McLaren, Chapman University
- Raj Sethuraju, Metropolitan State University
- Rosa Fagundes, Metropolitan State University
- Sandy Grande, Connecticut College
- Suzanne SooHoo, Chapman University
- T. Jameson Brewer, University of North Georgia
- Yvonne RB-Banks, Metropolitan State University
Annual subscriptions to Educational Foundations are available to individuals at $50 per year and to institutions and libraries at $100 per year. Subscription forms appear in each issue of the journal, and subscription orders should be mailed with a check payable to Caddo Gap Press to:
Caddo Gap Press
3145 Geary Boulevard PMB 275
San Francisco, CA 94118
Orders may also be placed by telephone to 415-666-3012, by fax to 415-666-3552, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The suggested length for articles is between 25-30 pages double-spaced. Please be sure to include an abstract at the start of the article, but please DO NOT include your name or any sort of identifying information on the article submission document or document title. If there is evident identifiable information on the manuscript, we will send it back to you for you to resubmit. We accept submissions on a rolling basis.
Book reviews may also be a creative form of scholarship and should provide an analysis of the book?s strengths, weaknesses, and implications for further areas of study. The suggested length of a book review is approximately 2,000 words. Please provide a word count at the end of the text.