- Computer Science - MS
- Computer Science (PSM) Application Information
- Entry Level Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Advocacy and Political Leadership
- Master of Arts in Psychology
- Master of Business Administration - MBA
- Master of Science in Co-occurring Disorders Recovery Counseling
- Master of Management Information Systems - MMIS
- Master of Public and Nonprofit Administration - MPNA
- Master of Science in Advanced Dental Therapy
- Master of Science in Alcohol and Drug Counseling
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Liberal Studies - MLS
- Master of Science in Urban Education
- Nonprofit Leadership and Management Program - MNLM
- Public Administration - MPA Application Information
- Technical Communication (MS) Application Information
- Doctoral Programs
- Graduate Certificates
- Graduate Admissions Resources
Jun 15United States applicants
May 1Overseas international applicants
Nov 15United States applicants
Oct 1Overseas international applicants
There are no summer admissions. The program director will inform applicants of the admission decision for fall semester by July 1st and for spring semester by November 30th.
For program details, explore Computer Science (MS) Academic Program.
A complete application file consists of two parts (three for international students.) Begin the application process by first applying online using the online graduate application. All application materials become the property of Metropolitan State University and are not returned. All application materials must be received in the Graduate Studies Office by the application deadline, and will be made available to the MSCS Graduate Admissions Committee for review.
Part One - Apply Online
- Complete the Online Graduate Programs Application. You will use your Minnesota State StarID to complete the application. If you don't have a Minnesota State StarID, you will create one at the beginning of the application. If you encounter difficulty with the online application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee online using the online application. The current fee of $20 is waived for graduates of Metropolitan State University.
- Submit official transcripts or transcript evaluation showing a baccalaureate degree or equivalent earned from an accredited institution with grade-point average or narrative description describing courses completed.
- Transcripts from ALL schools attended after high school and from any graduate or professional programs are required.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. schools must be evaluated (course-by-course) by:
- Electronic transcripts (preferred) sent to email@example.com
- Paper transcripts sent directly from the sending institution (preferred) to:
Metropolitan State University
Attn: Graduate Admissions
700 East Seventh Street
Saint Paul MN 55106
Part Two - Upload Remaining Documents
Once you've applied online you can login to the Applicant Portal using your StarID and password and upload remaining documents and check on the status of your application. To be considered for admission you must provide:
- Two Letters of Recommendation (required); upload
- From professional sources, at least one of which is a current or former college instructor, and at least one of which is a current or former work supervisor.
- Current Resume (recommended); upload
- Documenting relevant work experience
- Official GRE Scores (recommended);
- General or Computer Science Test
- Send to Graduate Studies Office at address below
- Purpose Essay (recommended); upload
- Describing why you wish to enroll in the program
- Address why you feel you have the necessary background to succeed in the graduate program (for applicants without a computer science major)
Part Three - International Students Only
In addition to parts one and two, international applicants in the U.S. or abroad, on any type of visa, are required to provide this information for admission to the university.
- Proof of English proficiency (official TOEFL or IELTS score)
- Minimum scores: TOEFL 80 IBT, 213 CBT, 550 PBT or IELTS 6.5
- IBT=internet based; CBT=computer based; PBT=paper based
- Financial statement (F1 visa only)
- Immunization records
- Copies of passport, visa, I-94, and international home address and phone numbers
Visit International Student Services graduate admissions for part three details.
Submit materials to the Graduate Studies Office via mail using the mailing address below or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Studies Office
MEC Building, Office 4003
1300 Harmon Place
1501 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Computer Science Master's Programs
New Main, L110
700 East Seventh Street
Saint Paul, MN 55106