- Computer Science - MS
- Computer Science (PSM) Application Information
- Entry Level Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Advocacy and Political Leadership
- Master of Arts in Psychology
- Master of Business Administration - MBA
- Master of Science in Co-occurring Disorders Recovery Counseling
- Master of Management Information Systems - MMIS
- Master of Public and Nonprofit Administration - MPNA
- Master of Science in Advanced Dental Therapy
- Master of Science in Alcohol and Drug Counseling
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Liberal Studies - MLS
- Master of Science in Urban Education
- Nonprofit Leadership and Management Program - MNLM
- Public Administration - MPA Application Information
- Technical Communication (MS) Application Information
- Doctoral Programs
- Graduate Certificates
- Graduate Admissions Resources
Early submission of completed application is highly recommended.
Late applications: The College of Community Studies and Public Affairs reserves the right to review applications received after the final deadline to ensure a full cohort.
Masters of Advocacy and Political Leadership (MAPL) accepts new cohorts each Fall and Spring semester and limits the number of students in each new cohort to 20. To be eligible for admission to the program, all candidates must have:
- A four-year Bachelor's degree with a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Exception: Applicants may be accepted in MAPL with undergraduate grade point averages below 3.0 as long as they have accomplished significant community-oriented service activity.
- Accomplished at least some community-oriented extracurricular activity, whether in service with a nonprofit, serving community needs directly, or in politics and political organizations.
All application materials become the property of Metropolitan State University and are not returned.
To be considered for full admission you must submit all parts of the application packet:
- Complete the Online Graduate Programs Application. You will use your Minnesota State StarID to complete the application. If you don't have a Minnesota State StarID, you will create one at the beginning of the application. If you encounter difficulty with the online application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Non-refundable application fee
- Current fee of $20 is waived for graduates of Metropolitan State.
- Official transcripts
- Official transcripts showing a baccalaureate degree or equivalent earned from an accredited institution with grade-point average or narrative description describing courses completed from all schools attended after high school and transcripts from any graduate or professional programs.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. schools must be evaluated by ECE (preferred) or WES. The equivalent of a baccalaureate degree is required for all graduate programs.
- Two distinct reference letters from two people who can speak to your potential and experiences. Upload via the Applicant Portal using your StarID. Select from two of the three categories:
- Faculty member (if you have been in school in the past three years we highly value an academic evaluation)
- Peer or colleague
Personal references, including family, are not accepted.
- Goals Essay
A word-processed paper (double-spaced and approximately two pages) explaining "Why the Master's Degree Would Help Me Achieve My Professional Goals," with specific reference to the program. Describe significant achievements, planned career, and community or personal activities, including what you can contribute to the program as well as what you hope to get out of the MAPL program.
- Current Resumé
Describe all community-oriented extracurricular activities in which you have been involved, including service with a nonprofit, serving community needs directly, and/or activity in politics, political organizations, and student government.
Part Three - International Students Only
In addition to parts one and two, international applicants in the U.S. or abroad, on any type of visa, are required to provide this information for admission to the university.
- Proof of English proficiency (official TOEFL or IELTS score)
- Minimum scores: TOEFL 80 IBT, 213 CBT, 550 PBT or IELTS 6.5
- IBT=internet based; CBT=computer based; PBT=paper based
- Financial statement (F1 visa only)
- Immunization records
- Copies of passport, visa, I-94, and international home address and phone numbers
Visit International Student Services graduate admissions for part three details.
Submit materials to the Graduate Studies Office via mail using the mailing address below or by email to email@example.com
Graduate Studies Office
MEC Building, Office 4003
1300 Harmon Place
1501 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Master of Advocacy and Political Leadership
College of Community Studies and Public Affairs
Metropolitan State University
1450 Energy Park Drive Suite 147
Saint Paul, MN 55108