MetroConnect is an innovative program that allows students to earn select bachelor’s degrees from Metropolitan State University without commuting to our campus. For these programs, you can attend all the courses you need to complete your four-year degree at locations near to where you already are—whether home is on the shores of Lake Superior or in the heart of the Twin Cities.
MetroConnect is a collaboration between Metropolitan State University and community colleges within the Minnesota State system.
After you finish a curriculum of lower-division credits (and become an admitted Metro student), you’ll complete your four-year degree with upper-division credits from Metropolitan State University on campus at our partner institution. Degree requirements—and any eligibility criteria some programs have in addition to university admissions—are found on each program’s page.
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum courses: 30 credits
- Goal 1 ENGL 1110: College Composition OR ENGA 1110 College Composition (3 credits)
- Goal 1 ENGL 1111: Research and Composition for Change (3 credits)
- Goals 1-10 Choose any course from any of the MnTC Goal Areas (12 credits)
- Goals 2-6 and 7-10 Choose courses from any of the MnTC Goal Areas other than Areas 1 and 7 (9 credits)
- Goal 6 and 9 PHIL 1171: Ethics (3 credits)
Addiction Counseling AS courses: 30 credits
- COUN 2510: Introduction to Addictionology (3 credits)
- COUN 2520: Psychopharmacology (3 credits)
- COUN 2540: Multicultural Counseling Skills (4 credits)
- COUN 2620: Assessment and Interviewing (3 credits)
- COUN 2630: Case Management and Legal and Ethical Standards (3 credits)
- COUN 2640: Group Counseling (3 credits)
- COUN 2650: Practicum Assessment and Preparation (1 credits)
- COUN 2730: Addiction Counseling Group Practicum 1 (5 credits)
- COUN 2830: Addiction Counseling Group Practicum 2 (5 credits)
Alcohol and Drug Counseling BS Requirement Equivalent
These MCTC courses are equivalent to major requirements for this bachelor's degree.
- COUN 2510 (equivalent to HSCD 300: Introduction to Substance Use Disorders; 4 credits)
- COUN 2520 (equivalent to HSCD 200: Pharmacology of Addictive Drugs; 4 credits)
- COUN 2540 (equivalent to HSER 346: Counseling and Interviewing Skills; 4 credits)
- COUN 2620 (equivalent to HSCD 302: Assessment of Substance Use Disorders; 4 credits)
- COUN 2650 (equivalent to HSCD 320: Alcohol and Drug Counseling (1 credit)
- COUN 2630 (equivalent to HSCD 353: Case Management for Alcohol and Drug Counseling; 4 credits)
- COUN 2730 (equivalent to HSCD 380: Group Practicum I; 4 credits)
- COUN 2830 (equivalent to HSCD 390: Group Practicum II; 4 credits)
- COUN 2640 (equivalent to HSER 348: Group Counseling; 4 credits)