The office of Student Life and Leadership Development’s 9th annual Transformational Leadership Retreat will be held at Camp Courage in Maple Lake, MN. This year's theme is "Activism can be the journey, rather than the arrival" (Grace Lee Boggs).
The retreat is all-expenses paid, but space is available on a first-come, first-served basis, with a maximum capacity of 52 students. All participants must be enrolled in fall 2018 classes. Please be advised that we are unable to accommodate children or non-Metropolitan State University guests at this retreat. You must also take the university-provided transportation and be able to stay for the full weekend.
In addition to meeting other students, making new friends, and participating in thought-provoking and life-changing workshops, retreat goers will enjoy:
- High ropes course
- Team-building excercises
- Campfire conversations
- And much more
Tentative Retreat Schedule
Note: Attendees may leave their vehicles in the parking ramp while at the retreat.
Friday, Oct. 19
- 2:00 p.m.: Bus departs from Saint Paul Campus
- 3:45 p.m.: Arrive at Camp Courage
- 3:45 p.m.: Welcome and retreat overview
- 4:30 p.m.: Group activity and opening session
- 5:30 p.m.: Dinner
- 7:00 p.m.: Evening session
Saturday, Oct. 20
- 7:30 a.m.: Breakfast
- 8:20 a.m.: Ally Training by Sam Poindexter
- 11:10 p.m.: Concurrent training sessions
- 12:15 p.m.: Lunch
- 1:15 p.m.: Team building and high ropes course
- 5:30 p.m.: Dinner
- 7:00 p.m.: Reflection activity on the day
Sunday, Oct. 21
- 8:00 a.m.: Breakfast
- 9:15 a.m.: Concurrent training sessions
- 10:15 a.m.: Closing keynote
- 11:45 a.m.: Lunch
- 12:45 p.m.: Cabin clean-up and pack
- 2:00 p.m.: Wrap-up and takeaways
- 2:30 p.m.: Bus departs from Camp Courage
- 4:15 p.m.: Arrive at Saint Paul Campus
Pre-registration is required to attend the retreat. When your form is submitted and your enrollment has been verified, you'll receive a confirmation email with detailed information to help you prepare for the retreat.
If you have questions about the retreat, please email Philip Fuehrer or call 651-793-1551.