BECAUSE ("Bi+ Empowerment Conference: A Uniting, Supportive Experience") is the annual conference of the Bisexual Organizing Project (BOP), dedicated to building empowered bi, pan, fluid, queer, unlabeled (bi+), and allied communities. The conference was founded in 1992 by a handful of bi+ activists and has grown into the largest conference centered around non-monosexual identities in the United States.
BECAUSE strives to be welcoming and inclusive - embracing the many intersectionalities of the bi+ community and encouraging people of all backgrounds and experiences to join us for this eventful weekend full of networking, community building, education, and organizing to create a more welcoming, inclusive, and equitable LGBTQIA community.
This year we're discussing taking our Place in the bi+ community, as an active voice in the larger LGBTQIA+ community, in larger social justice movements and in our homes and communities. It's time to raise your voice and take your place.
The event will include numerous activities, including:
- Panels and Workshops by local, regional, and national presenters
- Keynote by local activist Chong Moua
- Community Meals
Learn more about schedules, workshops, biographies and more at the official website.
The conference offers a variety of options to make attendance easy, which include:
- Pay what you can and free registration options
- Free parking
- ADA compliant facility
- On buslines
- Hot meals including vegetarian, gluten free, and vegan options
- Free licensed childcare (must preregister by 10/7)
- Full conference sessions are closed captioned
- Interpreting available upon request