This workshop is designed to help participants develop awareness and skills to best support and advocate with and for students, staff and faculty who identify with marginalized genders such as Trans, gender-expansive, non-binary and/or intersex identities. This event counts toward the Ally Development Certificate Program.
The LGBTQ+ Ally training certificate program:
- Offers participants a theoretical framework for understanding the multitude of genders and sexualities
- Helps participants develop necessary skills to become better allies to the LGBTQ community
- Invites participants to become part of an identifiable and university-wide network of allies in training.
In order to receive an Ally Training Certificate and sticker, you must complete the following:
- Gender and Sexualities 101
- Moving from Actor to Ally
Plus one or more of the following
- LGBTQ in the classroom
- Being a Trans ally
- Supporting Queer and Trans People of Color (QTPOC)
After completing the two required workshops and your additional workshop of choice, request your certificate and sticker by emailing the Women's and LGBTQ+ Resource Center with the subject line "Ally Training Certificate." If you would like to receive your certificate and sticker at your final workshop, please give at least 24 hours notice.