Locally, nationally and globally, barriers exist for LGBTQ individuals seeking to build their own companies and organizations. Mossier and Metropolitan State University have teamed up for a conversation with community leaders, university alumni and current students on the intersection of entrepreneurship and identifying as LGBTQ.
Hear both the successes and failures from those who have taken the road less traveled and prepare to be inspired to continue building your current initiative or begin brainstorming your own venture. Panelists will also discuss Minnesota’s strong entrepreneurial ecosystem as well as advice on building relationships, pursuing funding, and forging partnerships to help grow and expand your venture.
Following the presentations, there will be a question and answer period open to all attendees, in a town hall format.
The event's agenda is as follows:
- 5:30 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.: reception in Founders Hall
- 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.: Main event (Founders Hall Auditorium)
Opening remarks will be provided by Metropolitan State President, Ginny Arthur and a brief keynote provided by Rebecca Waggoner-Johnson, Executive Director of Twin Cities Quorum Confirmed panelists include:
- Stephanie Chrismon, founder and principal, AfroFuturist Innovations, LLC
- Anne Hodson, OutFront Minnesota board member, production manager, One Voice Mixed Chorus; owner, Anne Hodson Photography
- Zaylore Stout, founder, Zaylore Stout & Associates; Board of Directors, RECLAIM!; author, Our Gay History in 50 States
For more information, or to RSVP, check out the Eventbrite website.