The Metropolitan State University Grad Expo is a one-stop shop for the graduating student’s commencement needs. The expo allows students to complete a number of commencement-related tasks, including:
- Receive career service information, job fair and job vacancy information.
- Purchase cap and gown. Purchases can be made with cash, credit card or checks made payable to Herff Jones. Note that the price of the cap and gown increases as commencement nears, because the supplier must rush the order for customers to receive it on time. Go to the Grad Expo Regalia Form Packet (PDF) packet for more information on ordering from Herff Jones.
- Purchase generic commencement invitations or order personalized invitations.
- Order graduation rings, diploma covers or diploma frames.
- Sit for a pre-commencement portrait photo in cap and gown.
- Receive a free 5×7 coupon when you have a photo taken. You can order additional photos online at GradImages.
- Portrait walk-ins accepted.
- Graduates will receive a passport-sized color proof in the mail about a week after the Grad Expo and an opportunity to order pictures. There is no obligation to purchase.
- Register for door prizes with the Alumni Association. Submit your email to join the Alumni Association listserv.
Commencement tickets can be requested in the D2L Brightspace Graduation workshop and will be mailed to graduating students. Students should update their addresses to ensure their tickets arrive to the appropriate residence. Any returned tickets can be picked up at Gateway Student Services on the First Floor of Founders Hall on the St. Paul Campus.
Students who are granted late appeal to participate in Commencement will be notified by Student Life & Leadership Development when their commencement tickets are ready to be picked up. The deadline for late appeal to participate in Commencement is Monday, April 8th at 9am. Tickets can be picked up at Gateway Student Services on the First Floor of Founders Hall on the St. Paul Campus.
For any questions about Grad Expo, President's Outstanding Student Reception, or Commencement, please contact Student Life & Leadership Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the commencement activities portion of the graduation page.